The Diverse Causes of Lower Abdominal Pain!
Liver, gall bladder, stomach, large intestine, small intestine, pancreas, appendix, muscles, tendons, connective tissues and uterus and Fallopian tubes for women are all lower abdominal organs. Anything that happens to these organs will cause lower abdominal pain. Some of these are located on the left side while the others are on the right side and will, therefore, cause lower left abdominal pain and lower right abdominal pain. There are also specific lower abdominal pain in men and lower abdominal pain in women. Lower left abdominal pain in women is getting a special mention because of their unique anatomical construction.
How does lower abdominal pain feel?
Different organs have different pain experiences. Lower abdominal pain will mostly make you double up and stretching your body will make the pain even worse. This is true with appendicitis; on that note, the most common pains are from the stomach. The pain can be dull, throbbing, stabbing pain. Pancreatic and gall bladder pain feels like squeezing, specifically if stone formations are present. Because of the presence of many lower abdominal organs it’s difficult to determine which organ is affected. It’s therefore advisable to see your doctor if the pain becomes intense, accompanied by vomiting or diarrhea.
Lower abdomen structure
On the right side of the lower abdomen are the liver, gallbladder, cecum, pancreas, appendix and parts of the stomach, large intestine, small intestine, anus, and rectum. On the left side are part of stomach, large intestine, small intestine, rectum and anus. The lower abdomen is divided into 4 quadrants which consist of the upper right, lower right, upper left, and lower left quadrants. Where the affected organs are is where the lower abdominal pain is.
What causes the lower abdominal pain?
The affected organs will bring the lower abdominal pain.
- Liver cirrhosis
- Gall bladder stones
- Gastrointestinal diseases
- Obstruction of the bile duct
And a lot of other diseases make the lower abdominal area a hotbed of painful experiences because of the number of organs that are found in it. There’s no other part of the body most affected by pains than the lower abdomen because of the sheer number of organs found in it. Your vigilance every time there are bouts of lower abdominal pains is highly required. Vomiting, skin discoloration, eye discoloration; bloody stools, breathing difficulty, frequent painful urination, and diarrhea among others are some signs of serious illnesses.
What are some of the signs of lower abdominal pain?
- Crohn’s disease causes lower left abdominal pain. This is a condition that affects the intestines.
- Irritable bowel syndrome – this involves difficulty in bowel movement. This will also affect the left lower abdomen.
- Appendicitis – this will cause lower right abdominal pain.
- Constipation, trapped air, lactose intolerance- all in the digestive system are also causes of lower right abdominal pain.
- Ectopic pregnancy and endometriosis are common lower abdominal pain in women.
- Hernia and urinary tract infection are also the most common lower abdominal pain in men.
- Ovarian cysts and menstrual pains are some of the lower left abdominal pain in women.
What are the common treatments for lower abdominal pain?
- Drinking non- prescription antibiotics.
- Taking antacids.
- Hot compress
- Applying a light massage on affected area
- Stop eating highly oily foods
- Taking a warm bath.
- Sitting in warm water.
- Refrain from drinking alcoholic drinks and soft drinks.
in any case you should Go to your doctor for a physical examination.